One example of our
itineraryDiscovering Secret Sardinia
- Arrival in Cagliari - Tranfer to the Hotel *** on the sea - Detailed
report on itinerary's peculiarlies;
- Typical sardinian dinner;
- Visit to the historical centre: the roman amphitheatre, the
"Citadel of museums", the pisans towers, the Rastion, the Romanesque - Pisan
Cathedral (13th century);
- Tranfer to Serdiana (village near Cagliari): visit to a celler of
hight-quality production wine (winner in INternationale competitions);
- Wine tasting;
- Return to Cagliari - Typical dinner - Different suggestions for the
- Leaving for Nora, in the west coast; archaeological visit to the
phoenician city ( one of the first commercial civilizations in the Mediterranean basin,
which dates 10 centuries BJC.);
- Typical sardinian dinner in farm;
- Naturalistic walk in the mountains of Capoterra, where we found the
WWF reserve which guards the sardinian deers; Visit to an artisanal household firm of
typical sardinian sweets;
- Sweets tasting;
- Return to Cagliari - Dinner - Different suggestions - Overnight stay.
- (Leaving with luggage)
- Naturalistic itinerary on the " Green Train ", so called
because during all the way, visitors admire wild intact landscapes. The train route is
Cagliari - Mandas - Arbatax, the richest in grottoes, forests, small tablelands of
limestone strata called " Taccos " (hecls), nuragic founds, waterfalls;
- Typical sardinian meal in Mandas; Continuations of train's route
Arrival in Arbatax, hotel ***
- Dinner - Suggestions for the night - Overnight stay
- Visit to a workshop of artisanal ceramics;
- Rest of the morning to the beach;
- Typical regional dinner (Ogliastra);
- Visit to the " Su Murmuri " grottoes;
- Visit of " Gairo the old ", abandoned village which was
built on a too crumbling and inaccessible soil; this is a very picturesque place, rich in
dizzy rocky peaks and unbelievable plays of stones;
- Return to Arbatax - Dinner - Folckloristic spectacle - Overnight
- (Leaving with luggage)
- Leaving for Oliena, inland village; a very interesting road will be
followed in order to show the highest mountains of Sardinia: the Gennargentu (1834 m.).
Visitors will see Flumendosa lake, archaelogical monumenets of nuragic era ( 14 c. B.C.),
and ruins of roman period;
- Stop in Orgosolo, village at 1000 m. of high above the sea.
Inhabitans world and institutions: they paint in fresco the outer walls of houses,
building, public offices, remembering the good and the evil made to the society by famous
people. Those frescos are called " Murales ";
- Arrival in Oliena, in hotel ***, with a beautiful panoramic view on
- Typical regional dinner (Barbagia);
- Visit in Oliena, to a workshop of artigianal jewels; Visit to the
wine cellar producer of " Nepente ", red wine celebrated by Gabriele D'Annunzio;
- Wine tasting;
- Return to the hotel - Typical dinner - Overnight stay.
- Whole - day excursion through the mountains and woods of "
Supramonte ", where visitors will see mufflons (they live only in Sardinia), royal
eagles, griffons. In this zone we find also the most deep canyon in Europe: the "
Gorroppu " ( 475 m. ), and the nuragic village of Tiscali built in a great cave,
which dates of roman period and can be reached only by foot;
- Typical dinner with shepherds who will roast sucking - Pigs in the
country (sucking - pig is a symbol of sardinian gastronomy);
- Return to Oliena - Dinner - Relax - Overnight stay.
- Leaving for Dorgali - Cala Gonone;
- Boat, excursion to the coast line and to the beaches of Orosei Gulf:
Cala Luna, Cala Sisine, Cala Mariolu and the grottoes of " Bue Marino " (Marine
- Lunch in Cala Luna;
- Afternoon on the beach;
- Return to the hotel - Dinner - Overnight stay.
- (Leaving with luggage);
- Visit of Nuoro; Grazia Deledda's house (Nobel Prize of Literature in
1958), the Museum of sardinian traditions and life rich in regional costumes;
- Leaving for Abbasanta, visit to the Nuraghe Losa (built between 1500
- 1200 B.J.C.):
- Arrival in Oristano, typical sardinian meal; relax;
- Leaving for Sanluri; visit to the 14th century castle with
- Arrival in Cagliari, in hotel ***, on the beach;
- Typical sardinian fish meal; overnight stay.
- Free morning for shopping;
- Tranfer to the airport - and of our service.
LIT. 1.200.000 !!!!
For further information, please send a fax to the following
0039 070 506722 or send an e-mail
to: Secret Sardinia